Location: Johnson Creek, WI
Under the direction of a Product Engineer and/or Engineering Manager, conduct and perform work that involves the development or improvement of actual products or designs. This position requires demonstrated and proficient use of CAD systems, preferably SOLIDWORKS, in the creation and maintenance of solid models, drawings and assemblies.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDED BUT NOT LIMITED TO
- Create models, assemblies, and detail drawings using the existing CAD/CAM system (SOLIDWORKS).
- Maintain models, assemblies and detail drawings in a PDM (Product Data Management) environment.
- Proficiency in design and drafting standards, and adherence to Schiller CAD requirements.
- Create and maintain design documentation such as tolerance stacks, motion studies, and others as needed.
- Duties include assisting in conceptualizing, development of prototypes, testing and perfecting designs.
- Compile bill of materials using Harris or its equivalent.
- Process engineering change notices.
- Use a PC to assist in day-to-day activities.
- Follow the production and testing of prototypes and pilot models and where necessary; analyze results, provide information, technical assistance, and corrective actions.
- Work closely with the manufacturing personnel to resolve technical problems and analyze design concepts as to manufacturing feasibility and costs.
- Make technical calculations using computer programs, handbooks, guides, manuals, etc. to support design related activities.
- Assist in locating sources of supply and working with vendors in the development and supply of purchased items.
- Provide technical information and specifications as required.
- Do research pertinent to the development of designs.
- Generate preliminary cost estimates.
- Ensure conformance to codes and standards.
- Redesign standard products, improving quality and productivity, while reducing costs.
- Actively participate in team meetings, status updates, print reviews, and general communication inside and out of team centered activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Two year technical degree related to this function and 1-3 years experience in product design or an engineering degree or experience in product design with excellent Solid Works CAD skills.
- Excellent communications and organizational skills.
- Excellent Solid Works CAD skills and computer skills.
Revised by Nick Tantillo and posted 7/6/2017