Location: Johnson Creek, WI
Perform electrical and mechanical work necessary to maintain, repair, troubleshoot, move, install, machine parts and fabricate as needed, etc.; machines, equipment, building or grounds, etc. as assigned. Have knowledge and skills of various trades. Perform other related duties as assigned. On the more complex and involved work, consults with the Senior Maintenance Mechanic. Must follow direction of supervisors and Senior Maintenance Mechanic. Perform other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDED BUT NOT LIMITED TO
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical breakdowns. To find the source and repair the problem on a large variety of equipment including CNC machine controls (from state of the art to older technology), test equipment, programmable logic controllers and relay logic equipment.
- Must be proficient in CNC machine control functions and operations.
- Must have an understanding and demonstrate experience with hydraulic and pneumatic systems and components.
- Ability to troubleshoot, repair and install hydraulic, pneumatic, compressed air, and all types of water and drain systems.
- Ability to read and understand electrical prints and ladder diagrams. Ability to read and comprehend blueprints, charts and technical repair manuals.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical parts and machinery.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and necessary safety precautions applicable to maintenance work.
- Knowledge and skill in the use and care of tools, materials and equipment used to perform various maintenance repair tasks.
- Ability to operate, install and repair machinery and equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ability to operate machine tools to make or repair machine parts per close tolerance prints.
- Ability to make steel fabrications utilizing measuring, cutting, bending, and welding.
- Ability to prepare required reports and record maintenance activities.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair mechanical breakdowns on machine tools and manufacturing machinery.
- Ability to perform mechanical and electrical installations of machines and equipment.
- Maintain and repair all aspects of the buildings including repairs involving welding, carpentry, and plumbing.
- Move and arrange machinery and equipment for maximum usage and convenience.
- Perform unexpected maintenance when required.
- Conduct basic maintenance of forklifts.
- Ability to safely operate personnel lifts and material handling equipment.
- Ability to safely rig, lift and relocate a variety of complex, heavy machines, equipment and components.
- Perform assigned duties with little or no supervision or instruction.
- Ability to communicate using telephone, computer, direct conversation and writing.
- Follow all safety-related issues and assist in the improvement of the safety systems, including Lockout/Tagout, BBP, HazCom, material handling, lifting, and arc flash
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and depth perception.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintenance Mechanic experience.
- Prior work experience and/or working knowledge of various trades required or limited experience with 2 year maintenance technician degree will be reviewed.
- Ability to perform root-cause analysis and perform analytical problem solving.
Revised by Karen Lorden and posted 7/14/2017